In an increasingly complex commercial landscape where technology is constantly expanding, protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights is key to the development of our clients businesses in a number of areas including media and entertainment, publishing, and electronic business.
Stuart Smalley & Co LLC has an intellectual property team of solicitors who work closely with our clients to develop, protect and promote intellectual property rights both online and offline. From the start of an idea, we offer our clients advice on how best to protect their intellectual property rights in literary dramatic and music works, artistic, sound recording and film, computer programmes, design rights, trademarks and patent applications as well as many more.
Our intellectual property team have extensive experience advising on matters including multi-jurisdictional disputes involving ownership of copyright in film and television productions, licensing, cross boarder internet disputes, domain names registration, illegal unauthorised material and infringement of copyrights on video sharing websites.
We also have advised on the copyright of written publications for exploitation in the UK and EU and the licensing of copyright in written works.
The IP services we offer includes but are not limited to:
- Advice on patent applications, filings and protection of patent rights;
- Advice on trademark applications, filings and protection of trademarks;
- Advice on the protection of designs;
- Risk assessments in relation to new product launches and infringement of IP rights;
- Advice and drafting contracts relating to the exploitation of IP including new forms of technology, software;
- Advising on ownerships of copyright in literary (including computer programmes) dramatic, music, sound recording and films;
- Licensing and exploitation contracts;
- Advising as to ownerships of patents and technology;
- Advising on exploitation and commercial rights in written works.